Summary of the Role
- Work with agency clients to consult and advise on digital best practice and to plan, implement and test digital marketing programmes, initiatives and tools.
- Work closely with the Planning department to ensure best practice digital marketing planning translates into successful, measurable execution
- Work closely with the digital production team and project management to ensure the seamless execution of planned digital initiatives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Work across all client brands and new business, including the marketing programmes of the agency.
- Work closely with Client Services to serve as a client-facing representation of our growing digital marketing business, while optimising and maximising the quality and return of digital marketing initiatives.
- Produce, manage and execute digital programmes, including:
- Automated programmes and integration with other systems, team members, and processes (CRM, telemarketing, and others).
- Digital display advertising (programmatic, contextual, personalised, location-based and others).
- Search marketing (including PPC and SEO).
- Content syndication and amplification.
- Social media initiatives (paid and organic).
- Data orientated services, insight gathering, and social listening.
- Content marketing hubs, personalised communications, and websites.
- Comms plans and schedules, editorial calendars, and more.
- Be hungry to discover, test and validate modern technologies and digital services that may be relevant to clients.
- Be analytical, data-driven, and metrics-focused, with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills.
- Be technically savvy, and comfortable with software applications and new digital platforms, apps, and more.
- Have a solid knowledge of the fundamentals of Responsive Web Design and Cross Device support and testing.
- Have the aptitude to ask good questions, explain things clearly and succinctly, and boil down relevant insights to inform action.
- Understand sales and marketing processes and their interrelationships.
- Be able to actively and confidently communicate in front of colleagues and clients.
- Have a good eye for detail and strong grammar and business writing skills.
Additional valuable skills and experience
- Marketing automation programmes.
- Ad campaign management platforms (for Google, LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, and others).
- CRM and salesforce software (primarily Salesforce.com).
- Understanding of organic and paid search campaigns.
- Database management (segmentation, reporting, and maintenance).
- Data analysis, reporting and business intelligence.
- Support the consultative and advisory approach of the agency.
- Be comfortable with presenting to clients and in new business environments.
- Be able to facilitate client meetings, being inclusive and listening to what is being said and what isn’t being said.
- Be able to field questions related to your projects, demonstrating capability and knowledge of best practices and approaches.
- Be able to appreciate the organisational hierarchy in client businesses as well as the agency – and adapt behaviour accordingly.
- Present a confident, knowledgeable and smart image.
General attitudes, abilities
- Good at juggling many deadline sensitive tasks and multiple projects simultaneously.
- Nice and approachable, and able to work well in a team.
- A self-starter who goes above and beyond on tasks.
- Constantly seeking out opportunity and challenge.
Qualifications and experience
- A degree in Business, Communications, Marketing or a related field.
- Ideally some level of postgraduate study in Marketing, Digital marketing or a related field.
- 2-3 years’ experience in marketing client-side – or working in a B2B agency at Account Manager or Project Manager.